CAS Array Object and MS Exchange 2010
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 2016/04/20 17:18 -
Where the Exchange 2010 installation starts ? Is it at Exchange 2010 Prerequisites or is it at CAS Array Object setup ?
Note the items 5 and 6 at Demystifying the CAS Array Object from Premier Field Engineer, Messaging.
- A CAS array object does not load balance your traffic
- A CAS array object does not service Autodiscover, OWA, ECP, EWS, IMAP, POP, or SMTP
- A CAS array object's fqdn does not need to be part of your SSL certificate
- A CAS array object should not be resolvable via DNS by external clients
- A CAS array object should not be configured or changed after creating Exchange 2010 mailbox databases and moving mailboxes into the databases
- A CAS array object should be configured even if you only have one CAS or a single multi-role server.
Typical example and solution for setting CAS Array after the database has been already created - Exchange 2010 moving to CAS array setup
Set-MailboxDatabase <name of DB> -RpcClientAccessServer “outlook.domain.com”